Saturday, January 06, 2007

Thr3e the movie...my thoughts



Well, opening night has come and gone. I can't tell you how excited I am that my favorite author ever has released a movie based on one of his books.

My husband and I, with two of our friends, went to see the movie last night. I really liked it, and for the most part (barring one of the explosions and the way some of the scenes were set up) loved the movie. My favorite actor was the girl who played Samantha--she did a wonderful job with her character.

There were more parts of the movie that weren't like the book than I had expected, but they didn't detract from the film. I do wish more had been done with Dr. Francis. I thought that a lot of the conversations involving him didn't make it to the movie.

Having read the book was a big advantage for me in seeing the movie. And, of course, being such a big fan already made me a bit biased. The others in my party didn't have as positive a reaction as I did. Which makes me wonder how the public at large who has never heard of Ted is going to react.

Nevertheless, I'm glad I went. One thing that was very sad is that there were only about 15 other people in the theater. I wanted to cry. Also, the movie didn't show at our new, better, cleaner theater in town--it showed at an old run down one that I haven't been to in a year. I think that will have a lot to do with the size of the crowds. People just don't go to the old theater much anymore.

Please, everyone, go support this movie. The theme is timeless, most things were done excellently for such a low budget, and it really is suspenseful. The end was the best part by far.

So thank you, Ted, from the depths of my soul for making this possible. I wish you much success with this and with the upcoming movie of House.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds great! Hey, thanks for posting the FIRST and CFBA posts!

    ReplyDelete