Wednesday, November 02, 2005

My Latest Read

257670: Last Light, Restoration Series #1Last Light, Restoration Series #1

By Terri Blackstock / Zondervan Corp.

Truthfully, I wasn't sure about this book from the beginning. It starts with a plane losing power and crashing on the runway. Soon it's learned that the whole airport, even the city has lost not only power, but has most likely fallen under the power of an EMP - electromagnetic pulse. Cars stall on the freeway, nothing electronic works. Deni and her father have narrowly escaped catastrophe and must find a way to get home.

From here, the novel goes downhill a little. Heard of sagging middles? Perhaps I'm being too harsh, for I applaud the characterizations and treatment of theme throughout. The last few chapters were exciting, more along the lines of what I expected. I'm definitely intrigued enough to pick up the second book in the Restoration series, Night Light, coming July 2006.

No comments:

Post a Comment